"Leave your worries at the bridge and your clothes on the sand...Cape Cod :) My Home

Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can people like this even exist?


My father has been a Marine for over 25 years and my step-mom just recently retired after 25 years of service in the Marines. I have grown up supporting the military and have never known anything besides constant respect and gratitude for the troops.
While on facebook a few months ago i came across the most disgusting and shameful group i have ever encountered. It's called "Fuck the Troops", I probably sat there for a good five minutes just trying to understand how people could ever feel this way. I understand that maybe you aren't a supporter of the war efforts, but there are men and women fighting and some dying for us and our freedom.

I have lost two very close friend due too the war within three days of eachother, even though it was probably one of the hardest things i have gone through and still am dealing with i still support our troops. Even if you dont support them then shut up and dont say anything at all.

I am usually the most open-minded person you will ever meet but when it comes to things like this there is no excuse for that behavior. I dont want to hear those horrible thoughts. It makes me irate, but at the same time extremely sad.

How can people feel that way? When you figure it out let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment